Monday, February 2, 2009

Mr. and Miss NHS {January 31}


Here's where I spent my Saturday... with the new m/m NHS. We had over 40 contestants who competed on Saturday. The finalists questions were pretty tough. One was the following, "Name one book or movie that your life most resembles." These 10-12 graders only have a few seconds to gather themselves and answer on stage with everyone watching and wating for their responses. Another one was, "Name one thing you would change about parents and or teachers." The first runner up, Jasmine answered that question so well. She said, "I would change their title from Parent/Teacher to friend, because a great teacher and a great parent in the end can become some of your most dear friends." Isn't that a great response.....and she didn't even have to think.....it just came right out. I tell ya, I was impressed this year with the finalists' answers. Congratulations to Vincent and Shavonda! I don't know why I didn't save a picture of Shavonda smiling, she's got a great smile.....Vincent's hat cracks me up, doesn't it you?

No comments:

Post a Comment