Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to my favorite 9 year old


last night, I spent some time digging out Bennett's first scrapbooks. Other than the poor quality of cameras we had when he was born.....those books are so sweet. I think about how much that little guy taught us as parents. There is so much to learn from a first born. It can't ever be replaced.....I love the sight of his nursery to the blanket he started with 9 years ago and still sleeps with.... to the smell of his baby wash we used those first few months....My absolute favorite thing about Bennett now is his way of knowing when I need that "I love you, mom" It never fails, I call it Bennett radar. He knows when I need a pick me up and those four words do the trick every time. I am so blessed he calls me mom. Thank you God, for giving me such a terrific smart little guy. His year 8 was pretty special...he began to trust in God and see Jesus for the sacrifice that he was and is. I know year 9 will be ever thing God wants it to be. Happy Birthday little man.


love mom!

1 comment:

  1. So, this just made me tear up. I'm so emotional about my baby growing up, and thinking about my little boy being 9 one day, blows my mind! You're such an incredible mommy!

    ReplyDelete